Saturday, August 25, 2018

Mrs & Mr Mummy

On 21 August 2018, I received a message from my mum:
“Hi Dibs got married today”
I like nice surprises. What could be nicer than learning your mum is happy? 
In a world that has gone a little batshit crazy over weddings, I’m incredibly proud of my mum for remembering exactly what the day is suppose to be about. 
“Just me, Steve & 2 friends as witnesses.”
The average cost of a wedding in the UK is apparently above £27,000 and rising every year. Average?!? What is wrong with people? How is that remotely possible when most people can’t afford to save a deposit for a house? What’s worse, studies reveal that the more money spent on a wedding, the more likely the marriage is going to end in divorce. 
I am genuinely proud of my mum for not getting sucked down that blackhole.
CONGRATULATIONS MRS & MR MUMMY!!!!
The newly weds seem great together. Every time I see them, they are filled with happy smiles. Steve waits on her hand and foot, treating her like the queen she is.
I wish you many more joy filled years to come.

No comments: