Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Vicky Weir

Vicky was diagnosed with breast cancer Friday 27th October 2006, 3 weeks before her 40th birthday. Her little girl Iona was 5 at the time and she had been with her partner Martin for exactly 2 years, they met through speed dating.

Vicky was full of life. She brought fun and joy to everyone she met and even to some people she never met, myself included. When Vicky was first diagnosed she started writing an online journal (http://vickyweir.blogspot.com). I know her through these words.

They say you can judge a person by their friends. If this is the case then Vicky was a very fine lady. Her blog had more readers each day than mine had in a year, and this was only including those who knew her well enough to leave a comment. I could never think of any comment to add. I still don't know what to say and this entry does not do justice to how I feel or who she was.

Despite fighting this every step of the way and clinging to life with every breath, Vicky's cancer spread. She passed away this morning, November 14th 2007, 3 days before her 41st birthday.

My thoughts and prayers are with Iona, Martin and the rest of her many, many close friends and family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Ali. Vicky and I became good friends when we were both pregnant, our children were born a few days apart.

I came across your site when I was searching on something about Vicky.

Your words are lovely and without meeting her, you have described her to a 'T'.