Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Mothers Day 2017

Silence.


A lazy Sunday morning just relaxing in bed. But with two young kids it doesn't last long.


Sure enough, in bursts our little Charlotte.


"Happy Mothers Day" she exclaims excitedly as she hands Jean a cute Pug faced mug followed by a round of hugs and kisses.


She then turns to me and, in a volume of voice far closer to shouting than whispering, says, "Daddy, you need to keep Mummy in bed for a bit. I'm going to go make her card and I don't want her to know."


She returns a little later asking me to come help her with her words. Mummy, who obviously has no idea what we are up to, still has to wait in bed.


"Ok, what do you want to say"


"Hello Mummy. I love you." I dutifully write it down on some scrap paper for her to copy onto her card. Once she's finished I suggest we go give Mummy her "surprise".


"Wait! I also want to say: I also love Daddy, but I love you best."


Really?!? Hmm.


We had a great day and I hope all the Mummies out there had a great day too. You all do amazing work.


We love you best.


Happy Mothers Day!!


Smile, be Happy.

No comments: