Sunday, January 25, 2009

HAPPY 4706!!!!!

In less than an hour the Chinese new year will start. The year of the Ox.

wo zhu ni men xin nian kuai le!!!

(I wish you all a happy new year!!!)

Although an official start date for the Chinese calender is not given, which probably has a lot to do with the ancient dynasties basically trying to start from year one every time a new one took over and destoying previous rulers' work, experts suggest this new year will be the year 4706.

'Interesting...' thought Dave, '... next year is 4706... I was born in 1984... that will make me 2722 on my next birthday! Cool.'

Happy 4706!

Have a great one!!

*HUGZ*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuc Mung Nam Moi 2009 to both of you !! :)
Haha, after two weeks of vietnamese lessons, I'm afraid that is one of the only things I know how to say !

By the way, as promised, I started posting again pics on my blog. So far, the pictures I have put are already posted on Facebook, but I will soon be able to add some new ones ! :)

Bisous bisous to you and Jean !!!

Mireille